| Set up in Dalian in 1950, LUPCT's library began with an area of 100 square meters and a collection of 1,000 books. Transferred together with the university to Fushun in 1954, the library had its own building covering around 9,200 square meters with about 852,000 books in 1981. In 2003, the university started the construction of the new library building occupying 32,000 square meters. After 50 years' hard work, the library has already greatly developed itself and now it contains the following six sections: Administration Office, Acquisition and Cataloging Dep., Book Recommendation Dep., Journal Reading Dep., Intelligence Service Dep. and Automatic Network Dep.. At present, the library has a staff of 53, of which 5 people have got advanced professional titles, 16 with intermediate ones, 1 has obtained master's degree, 31.7 percent are holders of bachelor's degree, and 17people are comprehensive talents with 2 or more specialties.|
The majority of the books here are concerning science and technology together with the humanities. As far as social science is concerned, it mainly contains Maxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Deng Xiaoping Theory and such literature as Politics, Economics, Literature, Art, History, etc. Documents on natural science cover petroleum and Chemical Industry, Mechanics, Electronics, Environmental Protection, Light Industry, etc. Besides, there are reference discs, Mirror Sites Database of scientific and technological periodicals both in Chinese and foreign languages, of Wanfang data resources system, of intellectuals' home and so on. Collections of the library embody professional width and depth, creating its own characteristics both in petro-chemical industry field and in the province as well.